Establishing an ALTA Chapter
Requirements to establish an ALTA Chapter:
- Name - ALTA group should be named ALTA (city or area) Chapter.
- Membership - Groups must be comprised of ALTA members in good standing. Groups should consist of at least ten (10) active ALTA members.
- Meetings - Meetings shall be held a minimum of two times a year. Minutes and/or a report shall be sent to the ALTA Membership Vice President of the ALTA National Board. A topical emphasis should be planned for each meeting. Presentation shall be consistent with ALTA methodology and philosophy.
- Officers - A slate of officers shall be elected. A representative is encouraged to attend the ALTA Board meetings.
- Purpose - To provide professional camaraderie in a local setting. To share therapy strategies and techniques. To support fellow therapists. To encourage use of the website. To promote multisensory learning. To keep abreast of new happenings in the local area. To act as a resource for the education of the community.
- Finance - ALTA will contribute a start-up fee of $100 after board approval. Local groups may establish local dues if deemed necessary.
Please refer to the form linked below to check off requirements and to use as a cover page to send with the required documentation.
Click Here for ALTA Chapter Form
Contact ALTA Chapters Chair with questions
Jean Colner, ALTA Chapters Chair